This short how-to guide will get you moving in the right direction and is perfect for Business Owners who want to DIY it themselves.
Facebook has a long list of tools that you can use to help you manage your business and make the most out of your Facebook Ads. One of these tools is the Facebook Ads Manager Account.
But what exactly is a Facebook Ads Manager Account and how can you set one up?
Here’s a complete guide to Facebook Ads Manager for beginners:
What is Facebook Ads Manager?
Simply put, Facebook Ads Manager is a tool that does exactly what you would expect it to - helps you to manage ads. But not only can you manage your ads with the help of this tool, you can also use it to help you create ads and track your ad success. You can track your ads on Facebook, but also on Instagram, Messenger, or the Audience Network.
You can use Ads Manager to create new ad campaigns, review the appearance of your
campaigns on different devices, manage your campaigns and budgets, and monitor the success of your campaigns with the help of real-time reporting. This tool also allows you to monitor and manage more than one ad campaign at a time.
At first glance, Facebook Ads Manager can be intimidating, but if you put some time in to learn how to use it, it will become a breeze in no time. Why don’t we start by showing you how to set up your account?
How to set up an Ads Manager Account
To set up your Ads Manager Account, log in to your Facebook Business page. In the top right hand corner, click on the drop-down menu and select “Create ads”. From here, Facebook will guide you through the process of creating an account. (Updates to Facebook might have caused locations of menus to move.)
Once your account is created, go ahead and spend some time exploring the main menu. Ads Manager is organized into 5 main sections: Plan, Create and Manage, Measure and Report, Assets, and Settings. Each of these sections are pretty self explanatory, but if you aren’t familiar with them it’s advised that you take some time to explore and get to know the tool a little better.
With that being said, let’s briefly go over what you can expect to find in each section:
Section 1: The Plan Section
The Plan section is where you will go to find all of the information that you need to plan for a
successful ad campaign. Here you will find:
● Audience Insights where you can learn about the different types of audiences on
Facebook and find information and demographics about the people who like your page.
● Creative Hub where you can go to get insights from coworkers and create mockups of
Section 2: The Create and Manage Section
This is the section where you can find everything you need to create and manage your
advertising campaigns. Here you will find:
● Business Manager to help you manage your pages
● Power Editor to help you create ads and ad campaigns
● Ads Manager to help you run your advertising campaigns and analyze your data.
● Page posts to help you monitor how people are interacting with your content
● App Ads Helper to help you drive traffic to apps
● Automated Rules to set up rules for your campaign.
Section 3: Measure and Report
This is the section you would refer to in order to check in on how your ads are performing. Here you will find:
● Ads reporting to help you analyze your ad data
● Custom Conversions to help you track specific actions
Section 4: Assets
This is the section where you can gain access to any of the assets you have used to create your ads. These can include images, audiences, and so on and so forth.
Here you will find:
● Audiences where you can check saved audiences or create new ones.
● Images that you have used for your campaigns or that you have saved for future
● Pixels to see data points where Pixels are firing and analyze Pixel data
● Offline events to help you track what goes on outside of Facebook.
● Product Catalogs to feature your products.
● Videos that you have uploaded to your pages.
Section 5: Settings
This is where you can go to manage your account or change your account settings. Here you can do anything related to your account information including changing your email address, updating your payment information, and so on and so forth.
The best way to get to know Facebook Ads Manager is by taking a look around and exploring on your own. The tool is very user-friendly and it won’t take you long to become accustomed to the different features.
At Alamo Digital Agency, we know speed matters. So what are you waiting for? Set up your Ads Manager account now and start gaining valuable insights into your target audience so that you can generate a powerful ad campaign that will drive sales.